The measurement device micromax-f enables fast and precise detection of the mains frequency. It is therefore suitable for the provision of primary reserve, for detection of islanded networks, and for the rapid disconnection of consumers (FFR - Firm Frequency Response) as a frequency relay. A high measurement accuracy of ± 1 mHz is achieved by means of a periodic calibration of the time base with a reference time source (temperature-compensated quartz at the micromax-f, GPS time at the micromax-fgps).
The device offers:
- Measured one second mean values of the mains frequency (synchronous to the GPS time with -fgps) updated each second
- Moving average of the mains frequency over one second (1000 ms) updated every 20 ms
- High time resolution measurement with a moving average, where the measurement period equals the update-rate (100 ms, 150 ms and 200 ms). Precision ± 5 mHz.
- Web server for querying the data via xml, as well as for configuring the device
- Web-Client for sending the measured values via UDP to another system
- Modbus / TCP slave for integration into Modbus systems
- Modbus / RTU via RS485 (only version -f485)
- Standard housing or housing for DIN rail mounting
For measurement of the mains frequency with max. ±1 mHz deviation the micromax-f with temperature-compensated resonant circuit is recommended. The micromax-fgps with GPS is synchronized to UTC, which means that the exact time of measurement is known. Thus, a comparison of the phase angle at different locations is possible (e.G. Phasor measurement unit, PMU).
The following versions of the measuring instrument are available:
|Standard case and power supply||-f||-fgps||-f485|
|Case and power supply for DIN rail mounting||-fh||-fhgps||-fh485|